Saturday, 28 December 2013

Christmas 2013 (and the lovely gifts I received!)

Cosy dressing gown, Superdry joggers and Jack Wills socks | Paperchase organiser and gel pens | Personalised David Byrne calendar made by my amazing friend, Lauren | Cropped sweater and two pretty snoods 

Lots of lovely shower products / skincare | Book about old Birmingham and Jack Whitehall's book with his dad (I loveeeee Jack) | Beautiful glass bauble (my godmother gets me one every year), Gorgeous Cath Kidston goodies and cute water bottle


Hi everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas (or had a fab break if you don't celebrate it). Here is the majority of my presents... I also got more clothes from my parents, but I'm saving those for future outfit of the day posts :) I'm extremely thankful for all the wonderful treats I got and the thought that went into them. I cannot believe that Lauren took the time to design a David Byrne calendar for me! He is my hero and I will keep the beautiful calendar forever. I've also been loving Him & Me, it's such an easy, funny read - I've almost finished it already! 

I don't always enjoy Christmas as much as I think I should. It's built up so much and the actual day rarely meets my expectations. Sometimes Christmas can bring up sad memories and realisations too. I just try to remember to live in the present and appreciate how lucky I am. Christmas makes me think about love, peace, reflection and appreciation - quite large topics! Anyway, I had a different Christmas this year as it was my dad's 50th birthday (on Christmas day), and so we were all very focused on that. I think that dad felt like he had a proper birthday this year :) 

Hope you're all doing well,

Jane 
x

10 comments:

  1. You got some really pretty stuff :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely Christmas and got some nice prezzies, especially those cath kidston goodies! Glad you had a good day, can't wait to see some ootds!
    Imogen
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with Cath Kidston, everything is so pretty... I have to restrain myself from raiding the store :') I will be working on the ootds very soon! :D x

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. You received some lovely gifts... lucky girl :D

    http://outsidebeautyinsidehealth.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did :) and I agree that I am lucky! x

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas! All the gifts you got are so cute and pretty :-) I always love to read your posts, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too! :D Thank you so much x

      Delete
  5. Love the sweaters and snoods!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm excited to wear them :D x

      Delete