Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Thoughts for Year 13



I can't quite comprehend that I'm in Year 13 - top of the school, the very eldest, a few steps away from university... wow, it's scary. Year 12 was mixed. I enjoyed my classes, but I found the lack of freedom at my sixth form and inconsistent teaching to be incredibly frustrating. When you're lower down in the school, a few doss lessons here and there are fun - a novelty, but by the time you're in sixth form, you want to be productive and feel confident that you can pass your exams. There's not much time for messing around... unfortunately. 

Although a seventh year at high school, a seventh year of coursework, exams, stress and cramming, seems like something not to be excited about, I want to appreciate it. Despite what I've said, I do have a fondness for my school. It's very laid back (perhaps too laid back for it's own good sometimes), and the teachers are always up for a laugh, they care about you, as well as your grades. School years can fly by, but I hope this one doesn't. I always wonder, how exactly do you make the most of something? And I'm pretty sure that there's no right or wrong answer. This year I'm aiming for less complaining, less procrastination, more laughs, more passion and dedication, to take each day as it comes and live in the moment. So here's to a new school year :)

Jane 

9 comments:

  1. Good luck! This year was my last year at school. Yes, there is lots of pressure and stress, but believe me, this is the year you will never forget! You are older, so you're allowed to do things you couldn't before. You are going to go out a lot and as a result you'll end up beeing really close to your friends! My friends and I haven't stopped making parties during the summer, after school, because we want to keep it touch, not get lost!
    Enjoy your last and most precious year at school! :)

    Maria Pol xx

    http://mariapoool.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that it'll be memorable and that my friends and I will make the effort to have lots of fun haha :D Thank you for commenting :) xx

      Delete
  2. good luck! believe me, this year will fly by for you. I left sixth form in the summer and it was kind of a sad year for me, with personal problems and my giant friendship group kinda fell apart. We all still pretend to be friends but it isn't the same. What I'm saying is, year 13 will bring a whole load of unexpected things your way (don't even mention those exams) but once it's done, everything else will be a breeze!

    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh it's so scary to think that'll fly by and that then I'll be going to university!! :O I'm sorry to hear that it was a sad year :( Good luck for whatever you're going on to do next and thank you for commenting! xx

      Delete
  3. Awww looks like me and you are in the same boat :) This year is going to go so fast, fingers crossed for both of us!
    Following, your blog is lovely x

    http://melly-go-round.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe we're almost done with high school?! Madness!! Thank you so much :D xx

      Delete
  4. your teenage years are going to be the most amazing and memorable- enjoy them :D good luck with the beginning of the school year- you're going to be amazing!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks! I'm seventeen now and they have been pretty eventful so far... could do with them being a bit more exciting though! :') Thank you! xx

      Delete
  5. Where both in the same boat, how time flys eh? Where did it all go, I still remember my first day of year 7!x

    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete