Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Worcester Day-Trip



I suggested to my friends, Lauren and Tilly, that we could go on an excursion to Worcester, and so today we hopped on the train and did just that :) I don't know the city all that well, but it's easy to navigate around and I liked it a lot! There's plenty of quaint old buildings that create so much character, a river to stroll along, an incredible cathedral, and tons of good shops!



As soon as we stepped off the train, we decided that we almost starving, so we had a quick jacket potato before hitting the shops! I didn't buy anything, but I do love a good window shop!
Next, we had a look around the immense cathedral. The stained glass windows were beautiful and we were in awe of the ceiling - the designers and builders clearly were hugely talented... and it's even more amazing because it was built so long along! 



We attempted to have a peek at the university after having a quick trot along the riverside, but we had to make a mad dash back to the city centre to check the train times for the way home - it was a rather spontaneous day! ;) 

I love going on little day-trips and exploring cities - I wish I'd done more of it this holiday! 

Jane 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment