Thursday, 29 August 2013

Kate's OOTD #2

Dress - Brandy Melville, Hoody - H&M, Shoes - Converse, Sunglasses (mine) - Tesco

Kate is up from Oxford this week and while she's here, I took advantage of her brilliant style :) Kate was in Paris a couple of weeks ago and bought this gorgeous, simple, stripy cut-out dress. It's so cute and looks casual and comfy, but you could easily wear it to a party too. Kate and I were talking about how we're both attracted to stripes - such a classic, timeless design. The hoody is cropped and so it looks great with the dress - it was a pretty good bargain too at £9.99 - you can't beat H&M for basics. We went shopping yesterday and I found a pair of high waisted olive trousers in the Topshop sale for £5! They were on the sale rack, but had no reduced price sticker on them, so I took them to the till thinking they weren't really in the sale, and they turned out to be just a fiver - such a fab find :D I wore them yesterday to the David Byrne and St. Vincent concert at the Symphony Hall, it was the best thing I have ever seen in my whole life, I adored it and couldn't stop dancing and grinning the whole way through. David Byrne is my hero. 

Kate loves simple, casual pieces and dressing them up with jewellery. It's a wonderful outfit technique because it creates a very versatile, uncomplicated wardrobe :) I featured Kate in another ootd in June where she wore a favourite look of mine - jeans and a biker jacket. 

Do you prefer simple, or more statement clothes?

Jane
x

Follow me on Twitter! @JanesJumbles 

9 comments:

  1. Cute dress.
    Xxx
    Miss Bows
    bowsofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is really beautiful! :)

    Maria Pol xx

    http://mariapoool.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it with the converses and the classic shaped sunglasses!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so cute! X

    beatricelily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never get away with wearing dresses casual, but this works so well!!

    Emma xox

    www.glitterandwishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete