Sunday, 18 August 2013

Falmouth Day Three




Falmouth is one of my all time favourite shopping destinations. There's an abundance of unique stationary shops, independent homeware treasure chests, and several fascinating antique hoards. So naturally, on our last full day, we went shopping! It could take us literally hours to get from one end of the highstreet to the other... there's so many lovely shops! I really should save up before visiting Falmouth, because I'm always tempted by cute notebooks and appliqué cushions etc etc etc. We stopped for a lunch break at a charming deli up a steep alley (good rhyme there), and I had tomato soup with garlic bread. It was delicious but it was such a large portion of soup - the bowl was practically a bucket!




We also indulged in dinner out (it's okay because we were on holiday!) at St Michael's Hotel & Spa. I had the good ol' seaside classic of fish and chips - yum. My mom ordered two scoops of ice cream, one vanilla and one strawberry for desert. When they came, it was literally two whole ice cream cones! I told her to hold one in each hand and lick them alternately. Back at the house, we played a couple of rounds of consequences, which is rather childish, but such a good laugh! :) 

And that was my last full day in Falmouth! I'm already looking forward to my next visit,

Jane
x

12 comments:

  1. Looks like such a pretty little town and the shops sound so nice!

    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gorgeous :D I wish I had shops like it where I live! x

      Delete
  2. So amazing! <3
    I really loved your blog. What do you think about following each other ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check your blog out :D x

      Delete
  3. It looks so pretty over there!

    B, xx
    evrything-nothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a wonderful town! I highly recommend it :D x

      Delete
  4. Looks like a really cute place - I love looking at independent shops, you can find some real treasures!Xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Style and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's lovely to go to a place where there's not just the usual chain highstreet shops :D x

      Delete
  5. Falmouth looks lovely! Never been but I have been to some places very similar :)

    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a cute, quaint little place! I especially love the coloured bunting!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't beat Cornwall!

    polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete