Friday, 16 August 2013

Falmouth Day One

My mom, brother and I got back from a wonderful, four night trip to Falmouth on Wednesday. Falmouth is such a gorgeous town. It has a lovely, warm, positive vibe that really rubs off on you :) In-fact, my first ever post was about Falmouth! Quite a lot of my lovely family lives there and so a couple of times a year we travel down and visit them. I just love the place!




On the first day, we went for a little walk, relaxed, and played a bit of croquet (how posh!). I tried to read a chunk of Captain Corelli's Mandolin, seeing as I have to read it for school, but my cousin Zoe came over after I spent half an hour trying to digest the book... I blame my lack of reading progress on Zoe distracting me! I find Falmouth so peaceful and calm - sitting in the garden with a cold glass of coke, good company, and a gorgeous sea view, is my idea of a fabulous holiday!






Living in the Midlands means that you really appreciate the beach! It's such a treat to be able to trot down to the sand and paddle in the crisp shallows. I find that the beach is a great place for talking. You can plonk down on the sand with a pal and natter away for hours. 

That pretty much sums up day one in Falmouth!
Jane 
x

9 comments:

  1. Wow, how gorgeous!! Places like these are seriously so pretty(:

    Thanks for the comment on my blog! Now following you, you can follow back on bloglovin'/GFC if you wish to!

    thevintage-touch.blogspot.com
    -Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful place :D Thanks so much! x

      Delete
  2. Hi! I love seaside towns, they're amazing!
    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. I know you've already done it once but I thought that that was a year ago and you might've changed your opinions on things etc! Check out my blog for the questions: http://regardingevie.blogspot.com

    Thanks!
    Evie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I will do it again :) x

      Delete
    2. Great! Can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  3. I love Falmouth! I'm from Cornwall so I may be bias :)
    Cute post!
    Thank you for your comment

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cornwall is just so fab :D You're welcome! x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! I've only ever been to Falmouth a couple of times, but I remember loving it! I would love to go to a beach right now, hehe :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I was back there right now ;) x

      Delete