Thursday, 22 August 2013

Change in the Weather?

Image from google

I can sense a change in the weather... the sun at dawn and dusk, the sparse birdsong, and a slight crispness in the air. Something about the pitch of the birds reminds me of the robins in The Secret Garden film, twittering amongst the frost glazed hedges. The air is still warm, but Autumn is definitely on it's way, and it's bringing the familiar back to school feeling with it! I was never a big fan of Autumn, but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to wearing layers and boots and going on walks in parks with crunchy orange leaf floors. I feel as if we skipped Spring this year... I remember wearing a coat and scarf in mid-March, so it does seem that the colder weather is coming around sooner than usual. Having said that, I think the summer has been great! The heat wave we had in July was fantastic, and it hasn't been pouring it down with rain like last year. I'm talking as if summer is over - which it isn't of course! Although I'm already putting Autumn outfits together in my head, I aim to savour the sunshine whilst it's still here! 

Which season is your favourite?

Jane 
x

8 comments:

  1. definitely summer! xx
    thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm a big summer advocate too haha :D x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Unfortunately I didn't take it haha x

      Delete
  3. I enjoy summer, but I think my favourite would be autumn as well! Warm fires, golden leaves, soups and pies… not to mention cosy coats, leather boots and scarves! x

    www.cooking-in-cashmere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooo you do make autumn sound good! It's funny because I always disliked it :') x

      Delete
  4. Autumn is my favourite season! I can't wait to start wearing my jumpers and boots!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn clothes are fab :D I'm looking forward to wearing my new coat and boots too! x

      Delete