Thursday, 9 August 2012

How to make...

Chocolate biscuit fridge cake!


My Mom and I fancied indulging in a chocolatey treat and opted for this delicious and easy cake, and I'm going to show you how to make it yourself! :)

     Ingredients 
  • 110 g/ 4 oz butter/margarine
  • 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
  • 2 tablespoons of castor/soft brown sugar
  • 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
  • 225 g/ 8 oz rich tea/digestive biscuits
  • 225 g/ 8 oz chocolate (whatever kind you like)
  • 1 handful of raisins (optional)


Ignore the cabbage... 
1) Melt the butter/marg, golden syrup, sugar and cocoa powder together in a pan.

2) Crush the biscuits into mainly crumbs, but leave some small chunks and add to the melted ingredients.



3) Add the raisins and press into an approx 9 inches x 9 inches square shaped tin.


4) Melt the chocolate by putting a little water into a pan over the heat, with the chocolate in a bowl on top. Try not to let the bowl touch the water.


5) Spread the chocolate over the cake and place in the fridge for it to set, this should take a couple of hours :)



6) Enjoy your tasty treat! :D 

Hope you like it if you give it a go,
Jane 
x

38 comments:

  1. Awh wow that looks amazing. If I weren't on a diet I would so be trying that.

    P:S New follower
    http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ I am trying to get my followers up at the moment so if you like what you see I will greatly appreciate your follow :). If you already follow I apologise.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. That looks amazing.

    sophie-said.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm that looks delicious!<3 i'll fallow you. xoxo
    http://fashioncoloursmylife.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god, i drooled! ;) x

    www.katblogsyeah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMFG! this looks so yummy!!! xx

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I'm so trying this this weekend! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm genuinely going down to the shop now to buy digestive biscuits, it looks like the chocolate tiffins they sell in Costa, mmmmmmmmmmm

    Grace x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, This is a temptation!!! i´tt try to do it!! thanks for this post!!
    And thanks for visit my blog, i´m following you now, hope you´ll follow back!
    xo
    www.girlinsunglasses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm following you :D xx

      Delete
  10. Amaazing blog and I really love it.

    Very nice photos :))



    follow eachother?

     

    http://lajune16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll check out your blog :D xx

      Delete
  11. YUM! This looks amazing. I was wanting to put a recipe up that I made all the time while I lived in England but my problem is I don't know what to replace Digestives with! (Now that I am back home in LA) They are kind of crucial! Haha.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :)


    mintclothingcompany.blogspot.com

    Xx,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you cope without digestives?! Want me to send some to you? ;) xx

      Delete
  12. the chocolate cake looks so good T_T im so hungry of this! your blog is very good and thanks for the recipes, sweetie. keep and touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg this is super sinful!!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    Win $300 to spend on Boticca on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - this looks sinful!
    Let's follow each other!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com
    BLOGLOVIN
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I just gained half a stone looking at this...if you haven't washed the spoon yet, dibs!

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your sweet comment Jane =)
    This looks delicious! I'm hungry now haha.
    Did you leave a piece for me?

    hugs and kisses,,

    www.lavieandmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! And of course I did ;) xx

      Delete