Chocolate biscuit fridge cake!
My Mom and I fancied indulging in a chocolatey treat and opted for this delicious and easy cake, and I'm going to show you how to make it yourself! :)
- 110 g/ 4 oz butter/margarine
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons of castor/soft brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 225 g/ 8 oz rich tea/digestive biscuits
- 225 g/ 8 oz chocolate (whatever kind you like)
- 1 handful of raisins (optional)
|Ignore the cabbage...|
1) Melt the butter/marg, golden syrup, sugar and cocoa powder together in a pan.
2) Crush the biscuits into mainly crumbs, but leave some small chunks and add to the melted ingredients.
3) Add the raisins and press into an approx 9 inches x 9 inches square shaped tin.
4) Melt the chocolate by putting a little water into a pan over the heat, with the chocolate in a bowl on top. Try not to let the bowl touch the water.
5) Spread the chocolate over the cake and place in the fridge for it to set, this should take a couple of hours :)
6) Enjoy your tasty treat! :D
Hope you like it if you give it a go,