Saturday, 4 August 2012

Day Trip - Wiltshire

On Thursday, my parents and I went on a "spur of the moment" trip to the lovely county of Wiltshire. We spent the vast majority of the day in the ancient, picturesque village of Lacock.







Lacock is home to Lacock Abbey, an amazing building, half of it is still in a fairly original state and the other half is converted into a charming country house. 





How crazy is this plant?!




I thought this old wallpaper was so pretty!
 


I got slightly excited when I found out that some Harry Potter scenes were filmed in the Abbey and in the village!! How cool is that?! 




Henry Fox Talbot, a hugely influential photography pioneer, lived in Lacock and there was a great little museum about him. There was loads of awesome old cameras and examples of early forms of photography.




We also went to a National Trust garden, it was huge! Not to mention absolutely beautiful.


Do you find these bushes funny or it is just me?!





I really liked the look of Wiltshire, it's a county I haven't explored much. My Mom and I fancy going to Bradford On Avon, we passed through it in the car and it looked gorgeous. Hopefully we'll go there soon - most likely on the train, my Mom adores trains! 


Hope you enjoyed :)


Jane
x

22 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! They're ridiculously British, you've even got umbrellas and Harry Potter in there ;)

    Grace x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And they are rather British! :') x

      Delete
  2. gorgeous shots <3

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it looks so cute! Omg I am a massive hp fan!
    Teenage Daydreams X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just nominated you for a liebster award. Check my blog for the deets!

    http://deonnep.blogspot.co.uk/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely do it this week :D x

      Delete
  5. These photos are lovely :) that plant is crazy, and I actually love that first wallpaper!!! It's so cute. I would have totally been excited too at being somewhere that Harry Potter had been filmed :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D And I know! It was pretty exciting! :') x

      Delete
  6. Such lovely photos! And it looks like you had a lovely time. I love your blog, too. You should have a lot more followers - it's adorable :) Following!

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! :D xx

      Delete
  7. Those trees/bushes look like giant jellybeans haha! Looks like an amazing place x

    Check out my recent outfit post if you get a sec!
    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg they do!! haha :D
      I'll check your blog out now :) x

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous photos! I especially like the last one. :)

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos!

    sophie-said.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these types of quintessentially British tea rooms and gardens. Lovely :)

    Lauren pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how beautiful England is! The pictures are amazing and I love the little Harry Potter thing in between. :)

    xx

    hermionelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete