Wednesday, 25 July 2012

 Falmouth 


I went to Falmouth in Cornwall a couple of weeks ago to visit my family that (are lucky enough to) live there...

The harbour
I adore Falmouth, the winding, bunting clad centre boasts many gorgeous shops selling the cutest things. I've picked up various quirky gems for my room whilst in Falmouth. 




I named this owl Hugo
I'd say that the "themes" of my room are quirky, bright clashing patterns and cute, but I suppose that is possibly just an excuse I use to allow myself to have all sorts of fun and cheerful things in my room ( even if they don't match). 

I actually saved up to go to Falmouth this time, expecting to be tempted by several nick-nacks and perhaps some clothes, however, suprisingly (and I mean suprisingly), I managed to restrain myself and I only bought this notebook, which is still rather special I might add :) 



There's just something about Falmouth that makes me happy. I'm not sure whether it's the fresh sea air, the vast horizon views or the artsy vibe, it must be all of those things (and more probably). Also, it's always lovely to just get away from our normal lives for a while to relax and come home feeling refreshed and inspired. I do love travelling, including in my own country! 

Trebah Gardens 
Bunting!!


Gyllyngvase Beach


To me, Falmouth has a very cool, kind of bohemian atmosphere, it seems to attract artists, writers, musicians etc. There's this fab shop called Jam that my cousin Zoe showed me. It sells records mainly, but is also a place to have a coffee and lounge for an hour or two. Downstairs is a retro, shabby chic living room with awesome 60's style chairs, an ancient typewriter and an amazing old Mac computer (although Zoe was sure that her parents still own the same computer). It was super cool... if only I had a record player! 




Trebah Gardens 




Queen Mary Gardens and the castle

Falmouth is a lovely, charming, cool place and I thoroughly recommend experiencing it for yourself. If you don't fall for it's brilliant vibe, I'll be fairly shocked. 

Jane 
x

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya lovely! Thanks for subscribing to my blog, means a whole lot! Your blog looks great so far, and your room too! Good luck with blogging :) x

    www.katvlogsyeah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Glad you like it, your blog is fab :D x

      Delete
  3. Wow, amazing photos!! Such a gorgeous views! :)

    p.s. feel free to check out my fashion blog too,
    if you have time! :)

    Much love,
    The Cabinet Of Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I just followed your blog! I love it :) x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I have ever been to Falmouth, but it sounds lovely! And alot like St.Ives, which I love! xo

    http://domandellie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falmouth is amazing, I'm sure you'd love it! I would love to visit St.Ives :D xx

      Delete
  6. aww ive always wanted to go to falmouth it looks so lovely - especially that beach!
    you have such a lovely blog - your photos are beautiful!

    lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go, it's brilliant!
      Thank you so much :D xx

      Delete